Special events take place at Cayuga Lake Wineries around the calendar, from summer concerts to winter holiday wine tasting tours. Yet spring, with its unpredictable weather, is a favorite time to visit the wineries along Cayuga Lake. Whether it’s warm or cold, rainy or sunny, Finger Lakes Wineries are warm and inviting.
Spend some time exploring the wineries of Cayuga Lake.
Halsey House Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast is in Trumansburg, near the southwest shore of Cayuga Lake. Less than five minutes up the road are the first of a dozen wineries that dot the western edge of the lake. On mild spring days, it’s a pleasant bike ride up to American Vineyards or Bellwether Hard Cider. It’s also a very short drive.
Americana Vineyards hosts concerts every Friday evening and Sunday afternoon. Both local and touring musicians are featured, and wine is available by the bottle or the glass. There’s even food served at the winery’s Crystal Lake Café. For a schedule of upcoming events, please see American Vineyards.
Bellwether Hard Cider will host their almost annual Cidermakers Get Together and Potluck Dinner on March 18. This is a great opportunity for cider fans and home cider makers to get together and talk (and taste) cider. Anyone interested is welcome. Additional information available at Bellwether.
Read on for more March events at Cayuga Lakes Wineries.
- Ladies Day Out at Buttonwood Grove Winery, 12-5 p.m. Live music, chocolate and wine pairings, jewelry, and more. Make it a Girlfriends Getaway at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast.
- Cheese at Sheldrake Point Winery. Every Saturday during the month of March, Sheldrake Point Winery is featuring a local, artisan cheese. Meet the cheesemakers and enjoy wine and cheese pairings.
- Irish Wine? Why not! Raise a glass of green wine to St. Patrick and the Irish at Cobblestone Farm Winery. Enjoy fine wines paired with complimentary Irish stew and other traditional dishes on March 17 and 18.
- Harken back to the old days and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with mead from Montezuma Winery. March 17 and 18.
- Say Cheese & More on March 24 and 25, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. All 16 Cayuga Lake Wineries are joining forces with local, artisan cheese makers. A weekend filled with amazing combinations of wine and cheese….. is there anything better? Discounts are given for people with designated drivers.
- Cayuga Ridge Estate Winery and Hosmer Winery will have Spring Barrel Tastings on April 14. Winemakers will be present at both wineries, so it is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about winemaking.
- Enjoy a French Country Dinner at Knapp Vineyards on April 21. The theme is Herbes de Provence. Each course will be paired with two wines from Knapp Vineyards.
Once you find an event or activity you like, book a room at our Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast. Enhance your stay with breakfast in your room, or a picnic basket to take on your wine tasting tour. Make it a romantic retreat, a girlfriends getaway, or gather together a group of friends stay in our Finger Lakes Vacation Home, Clarke’s Cottage.
No matter who you travel with, remember this: the longer you stay, the more wineries you can visit.